Usual synagogue opening hours are Mondays to Thursdays 10 am- 4 pm, Fridays 10 am- 3 pm. The synagogue is closed on weekends (Saturday, Sunday) and Greek public holidays.
Etz Hayyim Synagogue welcomes visitors of all backgrounds and faiths.
We kindly ask that visitors respect the following:
- As Etz Hayyim is an active synagogue, visitors must please dress appropriately. Kippot and prayer shawls are provided at the entrance.
- Etz Hayyim does not receive any Government/State funding so we rely on the generosity of our supporters. A minimum contribution of 4 euros per person will crucially help to fund the day-to-day running and maintenance of the synagogue.
- Groups (of more than 10 people) must notify the synagogue at least 24 hours in advance with the number of guests and approximate time of visit. Tour operators are required to leave a contribution of 4 euros per person with the staff to support the upkeep of the synagogue.
- Guided tours of the synagogue are exclusively given by the staff.
- Photography is permitted inside the synagogue, however only photographs of the building itself are allowed (no selfies or posing).
- We recommend the use of masks inside the synagogue.